Domestic gas safety inspections South London
Covering Balham, Clapham, Dulwich & across South London
MOST SURVEYORS/SOLICITORS ADVISE CLIENT’S TO HAVE THE GAS INSTALLATION TESTED PRIOR TO THE PURCHASE OF A PROPERTY.
Ecoheat Gas Safe engineers carry out gas safety inspections and certifications for home owners and prospective purchasers. The procedure and report is in the same statutory form as is used for landlord’s reports and includes inspection of all gas appliances, meter and visible pipework to confirm compliance with regulations and safe operation.
The Safety inspection will detail:
- The date the appliance or flue was examined and the address where the appliance is installed
- The prospective purchasers details (name and address)
- A description and location of the appliances and/or flue
- Recognition of and recording of any defects
- The name and signature of the gas operative and the Gas Safe registration number of the engineer of their employer.
The following checks will be carried out to ensure the appliance is safe to use:
- Appliance operating pressure or heat input, or where necessary both
- Ensure adequate ventilation is available where required
- Visual examination of the flue system
- Where applicable, results of a flue flow test
- Where applicable, results of a spillage test
- Ensure flue termination is satisfactory
- The appliance is safe to use and the approximate efficiency of the appliance and the system controls are identified.
On completion of the above safety checks the gas operative will accurately record the findings on the Landlord/Homeowner Gas Safety Record.
This certificate is a useful tool for sellers as it removes doubt from the prospective purchaser as to the suitability of the gas installation for continued use.
Ecoheat Plumbing,12 Fieldhouse Road,Balham,London,SW12 0HJ.